Emergency Loans Aim To Keep Montana Health Centers Running
Three Montana health care centers will receive a total of $1.4 million in the form of state emergency loans.
McCone County Health, a frontier critical access hospital and clinic in Circle, Glendive Medical Center, a critical access hospital for east central Montana and western North Dakota, and Alluvion Health, a community health center in Great Falls will receive short-term, low-interest emergency loans up to $500,000.
Funding for two more centers — Roosevelt Medical Center in Culbertson and Granite County Medical Center in Philipsburg — are still being processed.
The emergency loans are made available by the Montana Facility Finance Authority. The executive director of the MFFA said the funding “will keep the doors open and essential healthcare workers paid at facilities across Montana.”
The Montana Department of Commerce says some health care facilities have reported no available cash on hand or only days’ worth of operating funding available as they have pushed back non-critical procedures and patient appointments to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus and prepare for COVID-19 patients.
Also on Thursday, Marias Healthcare Services in Shelby and Sapphire Community Health in Hamilton received more than $600,000 each for operational federal funds unrelated to coronavirus relief packages.
Earlier this month, over $9 million became available through the CARES Act to support 14 community health centers in Montana.
- Community Health Care Center, Inc. (Great Falls): $503,000
- Sapphire Community Health, Inc. (Hamilton): $536,690
- Marias Healthcare Services Inc. (Shelby): $616,070
- Yellowstone City-County Health Department (Billings): $828,185
- Community Health Partners Clinic (Livingston): $759,005
- Bighorn Valley Health Center, Inc. (Hardin): $685,130
- Flathead County (Kalispell): $696,170
- Lincoln County Community Health Center (Libby): $659,900
- Butte-Silver Bow Primary Health Clinic, Inc. (Butte): $758,450
- Montana Migrant & Seasonal Farm Workers Council Inc. (Billings): $610,070
- Missoula County (Missoula): $874,850
- PureView Health Center (Helena): $503,000
- Glacier Community Health Center Inc. (Cut Bank): $557,240
- Bullhook Community Health Center, Inc. (Havre): $588,020